Tuesday, May 20, 2008

When the Waiting is Over


I was ready to sleep last night when my thoughts were filled with great anticipation of today's schedule. I was excited for the opportunity to speak in a youth camp on "the Bible and its worth" and I was also looking forward to celebrate with our college classmate's wedding day. 
Tonight, as I'm ready to sleep again, I sensed that I'm getting introspective as I reviewed today's memories especially on my classmate's wedding celebration.

Our college days were filled with great memories. We were like brothers and sisters who love to play, laugh and enjoy each other. We were bunch of seekers, dreamers, and visionaries. We love to talk about our hopes for the future, our fears for the unknown and our faith on God. 

Seven years had passed since we had stepped out from the citadel of our Alma Mater and entered into the challenging world of professionals. Within those years, so many things had transpired. A number of our classmates were already working and studying abroad. Quiet a number of them had already started their own family and are now raising their own kids while some are already anticipating for marriage proposals. 

At last I finally realized that I'm not getting any younger. However, my determination to wait is  still getting stronger. I know that our waiting with my girlfriend is not yet over. I believe that God is never too late nor in hurry but He's always on perfect time. My time to wait is a time for continuous shaping, building and fashioning me to be the best man for my best woman.

 What a joy would it be when that time would finally come. What a  wonderful privilege would it be to bring my best woman to the altar. I can now imagine her sweet smile, her beautiful face and her eyes telling me how much she loves me and waited for this day to come. I can now feel the indescribable joy of finally becoming one with her for the rest of my life. I can now hear the laughter, the cheers and the voices of those who will join us in our celebration of love and life. 

I'm so glad to see the joy on my classmate's face and her husband's, as they celebrated with us this blissful moment of their lives. Their joyful and enthusiastic spirit moved me to keep hoping, praying and waiting until the Lord says,..."your time has come, your waiting is officially over!".

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Love understands and therefore waits."

This is my first favorite quote about love... and this quote is even expanded into a broader sense of understanding and reality in life..

God will give us His provision, we will just rely unto Him, no matter what! Just keep on waiting for His time.

~syats~

Anonymous said...

hi drey! This is a very inspiring article. It simply reflects the beatiful soul of the writer. Keep up and God be with you always..

Bong

Anonymous said...

"I believe that God is never too late nor in hurry but He's always on perfect time."

Amen to that statement..we'll just continue to fix our eyes on Jesus as we wait for His perfect timing.
-nodneK