Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Day Without an Internet


It has been two months since we had an internet connection in the house. Since then, it has been my habit to check mails,friendster, multiply and facebook in the morning. It has also been my practice to update my blogs and see if readers had posted comments. I also get excited to find out whose online in the messenger and customarily I send a warm "hi" to find out whose available to chat with.

But yesterday was a different one. For the whole day there was no internet connection. At first I thought it was only in the house but when I went to my school and to the office,  I realized that it was all over Mindano and Visayas. Initially I felt bad because I'd been looking forward to do my stuffs on the net and connect with friends online. But eventually I found myself amused working offline for my next blog entry.
Aside from that, I realized that there were wonderful and meaningful things that took place that could have not come to pass if the internet was on;

1. I was able to get back to the book I was reading a month ago and started to read it again.
2. I was able to arrange my files in my laptop and got it ready for reformat.
3. I had enjoyed being with my housemates watching TV downstairs, drinking coffee, eating bread and killing the time.
4. I got a text message from a friend who had been asking for God's direction. Because the net was down he had plenty of time to listen to God. He texted me that he had just gotten the words he needed from God. He had been crying for an hour. God had spoken to Him like never before. 
5. I had a great time for personal evaluation. I had a good time just being with my Savior.

This is what I realized; sometimes, God stops something into motion just because He wanted to get our attention. He wanted us to appreciate the value of the essentials. Being with yourself, enjoying friends and simply  listening to Him.

 The next time we would face a day of internet disconnection, may be God just wanted us to focus on our eternal connection. May be He wanted to deepen our communication with Him. May be listening is what it takes to get our life into the exact motion. May we not deprive God of our highest attention!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yah yah yah,that's correct. Sometimes we put too much attention and value to something that we think we can't live without it and that our day will not be completed without it. But the fact, it's only in Jesus that we become filled(spending precious times- talking to Him and listening to His whispers)-that there is no life without Him and the day won't be completed without Him.

I'm also experiencing the same thing with this. Every Saturday & Sunday I'm always excited to spend my leisure times enjoying the wifi around and get connected with my friends there in the Philippines. And sometimes I feel frustration if there's no network connection, but God will eventually speak that I have to spend time with Him because He already misses me..hmmmmmm..great!

-nodneK

Anonymous said...

Yeah... can relate gyud ko kaayo...

naa na pud ko chicka...

mahilig kayo ko og tv..as in super hilig...i can spend a almost my 24 hours just watching tv...hehehe...but 5 days ago when our tv was not functioning well...naguba xa...an ako nabalaka gyud ko na dili nko katan-aw sa mga favourite shows na akong ginaabangan...grabe...unsually pAGmag-abot ko sa hauz tv dayon na akong i open...knowing na ala pa ko naka-ilis ha..as in...just imagine nagatan-aw ko tv habang nagailis..hehehe..grabe gyud...but stating tung naguba ang tv..diretso nko sa room nko...diretso nko maminaw sa the edge fm...tapos magbasa na daun ko og Bible tpos spend time dayon sa Iya...amazing kayo..sa una dili gyud na ingana...tpos pagmorning dili nko makamata og 9am para magtanaw og hana kimi...karon i can sleep well na not minding dapat early ko makamata...amazing gyud kaayo c God.. .matuo man mo o dili, pasalamat k okay naguba among tv..hehehe...answered prayer gyud xa...hehehe..dugay na kaayo na akong prayer is macontrol nko akong sarili magwatch og tv..maybe nkita gyud ni God na kailangan xa gyud magcontrol by cutting that “vices” out of my daily routines ..hehehe...Thank God naguba among tv!!!


PS: kuya dhey ala na lagi ka nagareply sa akong mga comment..hehehe..excited baya ko makabalo sa imong comment sa akong gicomment...hehehe...