Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Blessings of Technology


I was on my way home tonight from our music practice when I got into a reflecting mode. I Started to think about the significant things that had transpired today. Thoughts were unfolding as I began to retract and reflect. I smiled as I imagine the faces of those I had in contact with. I could clearly recall the voice, the laughter and the different tone of conversation I had with them.

My heart then began to thank the Lord for this beautiful day when suddenly it dawned on me that this day could have been dull without the amazing blessings of technology. And so I would not want to end this day without counting the ways I felt blessed with how technology had better my day.

(1)Today marked the two-month official relationship I had with Pam. I have accepted the fact the we can not celebrate special moments like this together. It could have been difficult for us, but because of yahoo messenger and skypes we have kept our communication opened. We are grateful for this wonderful technology. It gave us alternative way of still enjoying this occasion even if we're away from each other.
(2)I needed some information for a business plan I got involve with lately. It could have been difficult to get the information right away without the help of my celphone and the availability of our new telephone (part of the package of our DSL connection). Two thumps up for the ingenuity of this package connection. 

(3)Our team member who does our powerpoint, was not able to come to the music practice tonight because she needed to finish a financial report at home. If not through yahoo messengers and e-mails, it could have been difficult to exchange files of songs from the office. I could have end up doing the powerpoint myself but thanks be to the technology for saving me.

(4)Tonight was the first practice that our team mate Zara (the who left for a job in Manila) was not around. When I arrived in the office, I already heard one phone ringing. It was Zara, informing everyone that she misses us a lot. Thanks for the unlimited calls provided by sun cellular network that keeps us connected across distance.

(5) My friend who works abroad and has been my avid chat mate and enthusiastic blog reader sent a usual "hi" in my messenger. We didn't chat much because I was preparing something for our music practice. He asked me to write a new post for my blog. His request pushed me to be in a reflective mood tonight. Interesting how a simple "hi" in my messenger had moved me to begin to appreciate my day this way.

Enjoy the blessings of technology everyday 
But be careful not to make it the center of your day. 
Remember that God made this as a creative way 
So that we can bless others even if they are far away!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for His overflowing blessings..Jesus is really Smart,Globe,& Suncell..He is Simply Amazing,He is Connecting People, and He has Better Network,Better Value...more than anything.hehehe

-comment from overseas enjoying God's blessing of technology(-nodneK)

Anonymous said...

Nice post! I like your new blog header/design too.
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Dhrey, endorser ka ani nila no? hehe

well,that is the power of technology...

daghan na ang pinagtagpo ug pinagkaisa nang dahil sa technology na yan dhrey! hehe. It's a blessings but sometimes it's a curse! we all must be careful...

I hope these blessings must be used wisely.

~syats~