Saturday, June 28, 2008

Who is in Control?


We were ready to load up things from our office to the venue of our IXTHUS GENERATION's YEAR 4 CELBRATION when the rain started to come. It seemed like every drop of rain from the sky was an added weight to my worry of what would become of our night gathering. I went out from the office looking for any signs of miracle. My thoughts were filled with pessimism. I thought of canceling the event. I wondered if there would be anyone who would still be interested to travel from where they are to the place of our celebration in the middle of that heavy rain..

I started to text people for prayer after I uttered my prayer to God. I can't keep myself from worrying. But then God reminded me of His word for us last night during our prayer time. I was internalizing the truth of His word that; " It's not by might, not by power but by the Spirit of God". I was declaring that By the Spirit of God, things would still turn out right.

The rain didn't totally stop but it had subsided a little, so we were able to load up things and transport it to the venue. Few people started to come and help us setting up the stage. After a while group of people started to crowd in the place. I was not concern of the number anymore, I was just so happy seeing them came and was excited to celebrate with us despite of the rain.

We were not able to start on time according to our plan but I realized that on God's timeframe, it was really the perfect time. In the middle of my talk around 30 students came eager and was excited to step in on what was happening. If we have really started on time, we could have been almost over when they arrived. But God wanted them to hear the word and see the video that caused them to reflect upon the reality of the weight of their own world away from God.

When I was about to sleep one of those 30 students sent me a text simply expressing her appreciation. This was the content of her message; "helo kuya dhrey, wala lng juz want 2 thank u kay, sekreto..hehe bsta salamat kuya drey...Gudnyt. Godblez". After I read that text message, I was moved to thank God for sealing in the truth that truly He is always in control. He is in control of nature. He is in control of time. He is in control of everything. Wow! I would never regret the choice I made to give Him the control over my life. 

How about you? Who is control of your life? Would you be willing to give God the control? Think and ponder!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very inspiring ... hehe kip it up..♥

♥khrionna fides♥ said...

proud to be one of those 30 students..hehehehehe ♥