Thursday, June 12, 2008

Beauty in the Ordinary


Whenever I think of writing a new entry for my blog, I always think about something special. I want to highlight something extra ordinary, something that made my day beyond the usual.

My life this week was not so exciting. Nothing so big had taken place. It seems like everything was in a slow motion. I didn't feel bad but I didn't feel good either.  I wanted to see something spectacular but things seems going round and round.

However most of the time, it's in the ordinary moments of my journey, that God reveals Himself special. It is when I don't have anything big to look forward into that I begin to look up unto Him with great expectation. It is when I look up to Him that I realized there's  none in this world bigger than He is. 

The richness and beauty of life is not dependent on how we feel about our performance. It can't be measured by the number of events we thought were so spectacular. It's not determined by the moments we considered as very special.

Life is richer, when we learn to find its beauty in the ordinary. Life is better when we find the way to be happy in spite of what we feel, what we hear, what see and we didn't see. Life is fuller, when we experience how God would make us feel special even if things around us were entirely ordinary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life is a journey so go on...