Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A New Beginning


A week ago, my laptop crashed. It was a bad  and sad experience. I lost all my files in an instant. I wanted to be angry at myself for being careless. I regretted so much for not making a backup for my files. But what could  I do except to learn to live anew. I don't want to waste my time thinking about it anymore. It's time for a new beginning.

Before I burry the memory of this experience, I would not want to miss out the opportunity to learn from this school of misfortune. In fact, I would not call it as misfortune. I believed that what happened had served a purpose for my personal growth. In other words, God allowed it to happen for me to realize that my laptop had become an extension of my life. It became the source of fulfillment. It had started to take over God's place in my life. Thanks be to God for his divine intervention.

Though it's not easy for me to just let go of my old files considering the significance and importance of it to what I am doing now in my profession. I have to accept that letting go of it is not an option anymore. It was gone. It has dawned on me that truly, I could not rely on my past records. I need to wait upon God for fresh and new insights.

In reality, we always have to face a new beginning. For every chapter that ends in the pages of our life's existence, is a new beginning of a new story. For every seemingly lost memory, is a new space for creating new and exciting memories. For every time we choose to let go, we are freeing ourselves for a new adventure, new opportunities to build life, to build friendships and to build happy memories.

I am happy as God welcomes me to my new beginning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's life,hehehe
-nodneK