Monday, November 3, 2008

Breaking the Silence


It's been a while that I have not updated my blog. So may be it's about time to "break the silence" by simply sharing my thoughts and reflections. I'd like to focus my sharing on how I had experienced breakthroughs lately. I would say that these breakthroughs are also forms of "breaking the silence", in the sense that I was able to go back and do things I used to do before but had not been doing;

1. I used to jog early in the morning but had stopped doing it since I went through a spiritual discipline. I always wanted to go back to that habit but had failed many times. But Lately, I'm glad that I'm beginning to push myself again. In fact I just had my jogging this morning. Added to that, I found myself really getting interested in fitness. May be I'm just being pushed by friends and people around who'd been telling me from time to time that I am increasingly gaining wait.

2.  I used to enjoy visiting to our home place, refreshing myself and connecting back with people especially during fruits season. But I have not been there for almost two years because of busy schedules. But just this weekend, I was able to visit my parents' place and refreshed my memories of innocence and simplicity. It feels good to look back and reflect how the Lord brought me to where I am right now

3. I had started to have my driving practice two years ago but I have not really seen progress with my confidence. I got my first SP expired since I didn't want to have my license for the sake of having it. I got my second SP last May and I had been planning to really get back to my driving practice and face my fears. But months had passed and I have not done anything about my plan yet. However, last friday, I had finally pushed myself to start my driving practice again since it's offered for free. In fact, I had my driving session this afternoon. My instructor (who is my friend) let me drive home from our practice area. Wow that was scary I know he was scared too but I made it. We arrived home alive and kicking. Thank you Lord.

I know there still a lot to break in my life but may be not silence anymore but noise (hehe). That needs another page of reflection. Until next time. Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

Rommel Ryan Ablas said...

dre's driving skills improved only a BIT (not a BYTE!) This afternoon we had another session of driving lesson. In an uphill intersection, instead of moving forward, he moved back almost hiting the car behind us. I grabbed the Emergency break just and left our car an inch to avoid collision. In the rotonda near their place, he got so nervous because many cars that wer behind him honking because of our car always dying, he almost bumped a tricicle, glad i pulled the E-Breaks in time!

Anonymous said...

elo kuya dhrey...dugay2 na pud ala ko nkavisit sa blog nimo hehehe...breaking the silence pud ni akong gibuhat..hehehe...hmmm...go gyud and drive more safety...dli lng sa car but sa life tru the help of our God...GOd bless and be a blessing always..:)

Anonymous said...

safely diay...hehehe...:) smille!

Adrian A. Bontuyan. said...

salamat faith...i kailangan gyud c God always ang nasa driving seat. God bless faith