Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Manage Your Stress Well


The series of workshop on stress management I facilitated had finally been completed. For the month of September, I conducted 8 sessions among college students and 1 session among christian leaders studying in the graduate seminary. It's funny how I felt so stressed out after my first day of workshop. I went home so tired. Although, I received two invitations to go out that night, I decided to stay home and relax to regain my strength for the next day.

 I felt good for my decision because I was able to take responsibility for my actions-basically applying what I was teaching. I was able to say no without the feeling of guilt. The next series of sessions were manageable. I had adjusted well and probably had started to master the flow of the workshop.

Two of the highlight activities in these workshops are the relaxation techniques and the guided meditation I facilitated. When I started doing research on these, I felt inadequate to facilitate. I was not sure if I can do it effectively. However, in my experience with the participants, I can now attest to its effectivity in relieving stress. In fact I'm aiming to practice these regularly.

There are still pending invitations for me to conduct the workshop and I'm excited about it. If you feel that your group can benefit from this kind of workshop, let me know and will see how we can help one another and work together.



4 comments:

Juan said...

stressful sked jud. hehe. but grabe kuy, nakaya nimo no. murag kag si alvin barcelona tong kauban ni bo sanchez. maka join nga if naa time next time. hehe, I'm so stressed. lol

Anonymous said...

"I was able to say no without the feeling of guilt."

that's my problem kuya...I don't know how to say "NO" and often times, i feel guilty gyud!

Adrian A. Bontuyan. said...

talaga? you need to set boundaries sa time mo..hehe..ikaw ang ma stressed out..hehe

Anonymous said...

yeahhh. exactly! that's what i have to learn pa lagi kuya.... it just shows ba na people pleaser gyud ko.. hehe but bitaw, i'm practicing it now--to learn how to say no. hehe! especially with my present circumstance na i'm back to being a nurse again...! super kabusy gyud! and i usually rest nalng during my free time...! sometimes man gud, i spread myself too thinly ba.. yaknow.. hehehhe but thanks kuya!